Do you want to transfer money to India from your local bank account but don’t know how? Read on to clear your confusion.
There was a time when transferring money from one part of the world to another would take a lot of time. The commission agents used to charge high fees to transfer the money. Now, with increased competition and digitization of financial institutions, things have changed.
Let’s discuss the different ways in which you can transfer money to India easily and conveniently.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Selecting a Money Transfer Service
- Check the Exchange Rate: Before initiating the transfer process, you should check the foreign exchange rate that the money transfer service is offering. You must only proceed if you are satisfied with the exchange rate.
- Check for Hidden Costs: Sometimes, there are hidden costs and transfer fees associated with the money transfer process. Calculate the total amount that you will be paying for these charges and compare it with other money transfer services.
- Time Taken to Transfer Money: Check the time taken by different services to transfer money from your local bank account to the beneficiary bank account in India.
Now, let’s take a look at the different modes of transferring money online.
- Through Net Banking of your Local Account
- Step 1: Before transferring the money, you have to register yourself and the beneficiary.
- Step 2: You need to obtain a tracking number. Remember that you have to request a new tracking number every time you want to send money, even if you are sending money to the same beneficiary.
- Step 3: After this step, you will be able to send money to your home bank.
- Faster and Convenient: This method is much faster and convenient than the traditional method of sending cheques to India.
- Track Status: You can track the status of your transaction online and will receive notifications regularly via email.
- Transfer to Any Bank: This mode of payment allows you to transfer money to any bank in India.
- Through a Payment Gateway
- Step 1: First, you need to log in to your registered account and initiate a request to transfer money.
- Step 2: Select a local bank account from which you want to transfer the money. Enter the details of the beneficiary bank account, the amount to be transferred, and the reason for transfer.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to a safe and secure third-party payment gateway. Here, you need to log in using the unique ID and password of the bank account from where you want to transfer the money. Confirm the transaction, and you will get confirmation that money has been transferred via email. You can also track the transaction status online.
- One Day Transfer: The money will be transferred to the beneficiary account on the same business day. However, if the exchange rate is not acceptable to you, then you can abort the transaction process in the first step without paying any extra charges.
- Transfer to any Bank: This mode also gives you the option to send money online to any bank in India.
With such hassle-free modes and benefits, transferring money to your loved ones in India becomes easier. If you are working abroad and have strong ties with your homeland, then you can now fulfil your financial commitments in just a few clicks.